The Turks and Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory only 37 miles long and all together consist of 40 islands and cays. There are two main islands, Grand Turk (Turks Islands) and Providenciales (Caicos Islands). These islands are 575 miles south-east from Florida and 90 miles north of the island of Hispaniola. Turks and Caicos is technically located in the Atlantic Ocean and not the Caribbean Sea. There are approximately 31,000 residents (2012 census) and they welcome about 450,000 Air travel and 650,00 Cruise ship tourists per year.
The islands have fabulous beaches throughout, in particular, the award winning Grace Bay. There also is a variety of fun, non-beach things that there are to do. You can scuba dive, snorkel, sail, boat, parasail, fish, go on tours, go to spas and salons, golf, shop, and gamble. Each island has their own activities as well. Below are a few activities that are available on the islands.
- Provo Golf Club has an 18 Hole Championship Golf Course on Providenciales which holds an annual Amateur Tournament. It hosted the Caribbean Amateur Open in 1999, and is due to again in 2009.
- Kenard Cruises, Turtle Cove Marina (Next to Shark Bite Restaurant, Providenciales), ☎ +1 649 232-3866, . 09:00-18:00. Specialize in custom cruises with a new power Catamaran custom. edit
- Dive Provo, ☎ +1 649 946-5040. Owned and operated by Alan and Clare Jardine, both SSI Platinum Pros, each with over 20 years experience in scuba diving edit
- Provo Turtle Divers, ☎ 800-833-1341. oldest and most experienced dive operation in the Turks & Caicos Islands. For over 38 years we have explored the reefs and walls of these islands, discovering new dive sites and uncovering some of the most unusual underwater spectacles accessible to divers in the Turks & Caicos. edit
- SNUBA Turks and Caicos, The Windsong Resort, Stubbs Rd., Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands BWI, ☎ +1 649 241-7010, . Has a great tour in store for you when you come to our island, Providenciales Turks and Caicos. There is no experience needed to take our tour. If you can breathe, look and kick your legs then you too can SNUBA.